LOVE FOR NABI SALLALLAHU ALAYHI WASALLAM AND TRUE CONCERN FOR THE SUNNAH
Allah Ta’ala says: “(O Muhammed!) Say: If you love Allah, then follow me. Then Allah will love you and he will forgive your sins.”
Love for Nabi Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam is not something which a person could buy. It is an attribute which stems from the heart and which manifests itself internally and externally. Love for Nabi Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam is dependent upon meticulously following the Sunnah and strictly following the Shariah as well.
In this Aayah, Allah Ta’ala instructs Nabi Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam to inform his Ummah that if they love Allah, then they must follow Nabi Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam. Following the Sunnah is the only sign of one having love for Nabi Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam.
With the month of Rabiul Awwal coming, many people wish to outwardly display their love for Nabi Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam. Love and honour for Nabi Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam should neither be restricted to Rabiul Awwal, nor to Jumu’ah- never mind the Haraam Bid’ah Moulood. This is not called true love. This is deception from Shaytaan and the Nafs. Love for Nabi Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam is every second.
We should analyse our lives and see how much of the Shariah do we follow and how much of the Sunnah do we follow. In fact, how much of the Sunnah do we even know. Let us do a quick test on the Sunnats first. How many Sunnah acts are there at the time of eating and how many do we do? For example, how many of us sit on the floor and eat? It is no use we claim we love Nabi Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam, but we murder this beautiful Sunnah which is a MUST for all. It is a different issue if a person can’t sit on the floor due to illness, etc. but, majority of us don’t want to sit on the floor and eat.
We regard the Sunnah to be something unimportant. We treat it lightly. Many of us feel that there is no sin leaving out the Sunnah. But this is the biggest sin we are guilty of. Minus the Sunnah – we are not proper Muslims. It is Waajib to practically adopt the Sunnah. Our dressing, sleeping, eating, Istinjaa, dealings, morals, thinking, etc. should be in conformity to the Sunnah. Without the Sunnah, we are losers. We have written several articles on the Sunnah which are available on our website. Please view them. The Sunnah is very very important.
Now, let us evaluate our love for Nabi Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam is the light of following the Shariah:
• Are we involved in Music in any way whatsoever? Nabi Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam was sent to this world to destroy musical instruments!
• Are we involved in breaking the laws of Hijab? There are 7 Aayats in the Qur’aan and over 70 Ahaadeeth which speak about Hijab!
• Are we involved in TV, DVD, videos, films, movies or animate-photography? There are over 40 Ahaadeeth which prove that all photos of animate objects and all pictures of animate things are Haraam!
• Are we involved in Riba-interest? Allah Ta’ala declares war on the person who is involved in Riba!
• Are we involved in weddings, functions, etc. where there are mixed gatherings and other haraam and futile activities. Obviously intermingling takes places and the men can see the women, etc. which is Haraam! Insha Allah, an entire book will be prepared on the issue of intermingling which is the also the cause of much Zina.
• Are we involved in Gheebat? Gheebat is worse than Zina!
• Are we involved with the opposite gender who are ghair-Mahrams to us? Ghair mahram men and women speaking to each other, Zina, wife-swopping, etc.
• Are we performing our five times Salaah daily with Jamaat in the Masjid? The first thing that will be asked from us on the Day of Qiyaamah is about our Salaah!
• Are we involved in Bid’ah such as congregational loud thikr, mawlid/meelaad, seerah Jalsahs, 40 days, shaking hands and hugging after Salaah, Jumuah, Eid Salaah? Bid’ah prevents one from Taubah!
• Are we involved in delaying the Janaazah?
• Are we involved in bribery?
• Are we involved in singing or dancing?
• Are we involved in wearing our trousers below our ankles?
• Do the women cover their faces when they leave their homes? According to all four Math-habs, it is Waajib for a woman to cover her face!
• How many of us have a beard which is a minimum fist length? Yet, according to all four Math-habs, it is Haraam to shave, or trim the beard less than a fist!
• How many of us wear Islamic dress?
• How many of us instead choose the Haraam jeans? Why don’t we practically prefer Islamic dress? Why don’t we adopt the Niqaab?
• How many women stay at home as Allah commands women to remain at home in the Qur’aan. A woman is only allowed to leave the home for Shar’i necessities!
• How many of us send our children to school and university despite these institutions being haraam?
The above are merely a very few sins which send a person to Jahannam. It is hypocritical to claim love for Allah, but then we just do the opposite of the demands of love. The ways of the kuffaar which we have adopted indicate exactly where we stand. This is why the entire Ummah is so weak and disgraced. Let us not forget that we are part of the Ummah, and we are the ones who break the laws of Allah. So, it’s no use we cry for the Ummah, when we are the very same ones who are breaking all the laws of the Qur’aan and the Sunnah!
Why don’t we adopt the Sunnah? But, we have adopted many Bid’aat. The list of Bid’aat never ends. From the time the baby is born, till after the Mayyit is placed in the grave, we are involved in many Bid’aat.
Furthermore, let us not be fooled with those who propagate Mawlid? Mawlid, Moulood and the grand mouloods and Mass Mawlids are absolutely Haraam. The amount of Haraam that takes place at these Mowlids are such that large books could be prepared to show that these Mawlids are Haraam Bid’aat.
May Allah guide us all to practice on the Deen and the Sunnah. Ameen
KINDLY CLICK TO DOWNLOAD: Love for Nabi Sallallahu Alayhi Wasallam